Sunday, June 21, 2015

Delicious Ink!

I recently invested in some amazing inks. I had been feeling in the mood for spontaneous art and these Schminke inks were perfect. I love the way when dropped onto wet paper they 'explode' into fascinating shapes and textures. The colors stay especially vibrant when using photographic paper.

I plan to incorporate these into bigger scale artworks and digitally combine them with my sketches so they can be worked into repeat patterns for my surface design work. Watch this space for some fresh designs coming your way!






But I also had another idea brewing. My daughter's birthday was coming up and I decided to make her a birthday card with a difference. I cut out the designs into petal shapes, placed them onto a backing sheet and assembled them into a flower shape. I then punched holes into the flower 'centres' and wove them all together with string, creating a type of fan shape. I wrote a blessing for Robyn onto the back of each petal. A long distance gesture to my adventurous girl who has been living in Europe for the past year.





3 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous artwork as usual! And what a wonderful gift for your daughter to receive. I know she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to use a new medium or product in your art. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning colors and great gift idea. Good job.

    ReplyDelete