Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rosie's gift


A couple of weeks ago I had my birthday and I have been wanting to show you the gorgeous gift my daughter (11yrs) made me. Yes, it is the decoupaged wooden cross above which she made as a school project, brought it home and kept out of my sight for a couple of months, waiting patiently for my birthday to arrive. She specially chose pictures that she knew i would love eg, horses, cats, tasteful decor etc. I was blown away, especially with the precious mummy message she wrote on the back. Am I biased or is it really amazing? 
And while we are focused on Rosie, take a look at these cute Christmas origami flowers she has made. She is definitely one for detail and takes such care in her creations. I think she just might be able to make a little pocket money out of them (they're listed in my etsy shop if anyone's interested!) They look great hung on the christmas tree or strung together as a garland!

19 comments:

  1. I think Rosie is her mother's daughter! Beautiful work, so much lovelier than anything store bought. Very pretty origami flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn~ that cross is awesome! Your Rosie is a blessing.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cross and the flowers are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, the cross is amazing! Very talented girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It appears that your daughter is as talented as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep crafty talent runs in the family

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a talented daughter you have...and so loving. Count your blessings as I'm sure you do. So Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jocelyn, it looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...............

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are all so generous with your comments! I am going to show Rosie. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the topic of your post today ;)
    and wow, your daughter is quite the budding artist, such an eye for color and detail
    you must be a great inspiration to her

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful gift... there is nothing like a gift that is handmade by your child!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. uniquecozytreasures - That is just beautiful. And your daughter is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such creative children you have, such a special cross very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rosie here
    Thank you all for the lovely comments! And yes my mum is a big inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can enroll for the 300 hour yoga teacher training in India at Nirvana yoga school. It is one of the registered schools of yoga located in the Himalayan region. The school has been imparting quality education for decades. You can go for this advanced course if you have already completed the basic 200 hours. This course is more detailed as compared to the basic one. You will learn more than 100 asanas in the realm of Hatha Yoga. Additionally, you will also get some knowledge about Ashtanga yoga or flow yoga.
    yoga teacher training in rishikesh
    500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
    300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh

    ReplyDelete